Goals and Duties
- Promotion of new methods for the management of pests and diseases in forest and rangeland areas.
- Evaluation and comparison of different varieties of forest and pasture host plants in terms of resistance to pests and pathogens.
- Achieving the necessary technologies to reduce pollutants in natural resources (water and soil and plants) using in-house production technologies.
- Management the harmful factors to natural resources.
- Investigation on pesticide and contamination management with the side-effects in natural resources.
- Monitoring and investigation on new harmful factors
- Enhancing the new methods to integrated pest management in the forest and rangeland
- Investigation and comparison of different accession of forest and rangelands tree to resistance of pest and disease
- Management of different methods to control and reduce the fire in the country's forests.
- Investigating the challenge of environmental pollutants and their consequences on fauna and flora of forests and pastures of the country.
- Investigation of imported wood in terms of quarantine pests
- Management of different methods for, controlling and reducing the fire in the country's forests
- Monitoring, Identification and Study of Biology and Ecology of Pests and Vegetation Diseases in Forests and Rangelands of the Country.
- Isolation and identification of mycorrhiza, rhizobium and other microorganisms stimulating the growth of plant species in the forests and rangelands.
- Collection, identification and evaluation of forest macroscopic fungi compounds with therapeutic properties.
- Biodiversity conservation in forests and rangelands associated with the work of the Conservation and Protection Research Group.
- Identification of pests and pathogens of unproductive trees in urban green space and providing management strategies against them.
- Identifying and investigation on the useful insect biology (manure and gulls) for the economic benefit of them.
- Identification, Classification, Biology and Ecology of Insects and Bio control Microorganisms for Non-Chemical Management of Pests and Pathogenic Factors in Forests and Rangelands.
- Identification, biology, ecology and management of pests and pathogens of medicinal plants.
- Identification, biology, ecology and the management of pests and pathogens of popular, willow and other fast-growing trees.